Tranquility is once again open, with a whole new world!
This is a public, whitelisted Minecraft server with an emphasis on community in a vanilla Minecraft setting. We run a single survival world at “hard” difficulty. The server is running Minecraft (Paper) 1.19.4. We started Tranquility after a favorite server, Serenity-MC.org, stopped operating. We base Tranquility’s general feel and our Code of Conduct on the Serenity server. “Tranquility” made a great name. It has the same meaning as “Serenity”, “T” comes right after “S” alphabetically, and Tranquility Base is the first place humans landed when we left earth — Tranquility is the first place some Serenity players landed when we left that server.
Tranquility is a vanilla-like server. We use plugins to enhance the community aspects of the game, reduce griefing, and remove some minor annoyances from the vanilla experience. Our server uses the following plugins and data packs:
- Armor Statues: modify the settings and pose of armor stands.
- Bluemap gives us a 3D model of our world, right in the browser! It shows claimed areas using BlueBridge.
- Coordinates HUD: type
/trigger ch_toggleto turn on a heads-up display of your coordinates and the current time
- DiscordSRV: join us in the Discord! We have channels for online, offline, and off-topic discussion, plus one for screenshots.
- Dynmap: check out the world map (which shows claimed areas using GriefPreventionDynmap)
- GriefPrevention: claim an area with a golden shovel to protect your things from other players
- Pillager Tools
- Pillager patrols are disabled
- Pillagers still spawn naturally (at night and at their outpost)
- Raids can still occur after you defeat an outpost leader
- SereneMail (custom mailboxes and delivery service from Serenity-MC.org):
- Create a mailbox by placing a chest on a fencepost
- Put items in it and type
/mailto <player_name>to send the items to them
- Hearts above your mailbox mean you’ve got mail!
- Sleep-Most: only half the players need to sleep to skip the night
Additionally, we highly recommend that players use the Optifine client mod for best performance.
Code of Conduct
Be excellent to each other, and party on!
Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure
Treat others as you would prefer to be treated. We don’t have time for hateful speech; not sorry. Don’t mess with anyone else’s stuff, whether they’ve protected it or not. Don’t needlessly destroy the environment in common areas. This includes “pillaring up” and leaving your pillars standing all over the map.
Have fun! This server is for everyone’s enjoyment.
I strive to treat all Tranquility players with love, following the example of Jesus Christ. While worshipping God as I do is never required on Tranquility, we do require respect for everyone — God made us all in His image. If you’re interested in my faith, please ask. I would love to share with you!
There is no automated system for whitelisting. Contact StickFig in the Discord for more information. Please read the Code of Conduct before you apply.
Server Status and Statistics
You can see information about Tranquility on several server index websites: